Saturday, June 28, 2008

WALL-E!!!!!

As a friend pointed out, it's been a while since I've posted. Heh...

As a b-day present, I got to see the new Pixar movie WALL-E. (Let's not say what birthday it is... *cough*) I wanted to take a second and just gush over the movie. I absolutely LOVED it!

I have to admit up front that I am a fan of animation, but particularly Japanese anime. I'm not an otaku, mind you, as I'm picky about what I watch. (NO mecha! NO, NO, NO fanservice!) But I have watched a fair amount of it. So I may be a bit biased. I know many people who look down on animation as being only something for kids. (I won't go into this here, as it is a major pet peeve of mine and for many other anime fans....)

That said, even non-animation fans will love WALL-E. It was a wonderfully sweet, poignant movie with a definite message. But not a message that was forced on you.

It reminded me of some of the best classic films. The ones that had it all... romance, drama, comedy, action. The ones that took you on a roller coaster ride of emotions and left you feeling happy at the end but wiser too... The ones that made you think and feel both good and bad about the world....

WALL-E was the "everyman" character that you fell in love with. The one who did something huge, all by staying true to himself. The one who wanted something a little more in life and found it. The one who persisted with his dream and achieved it.

Yes, I'm waxing poetic about a Disney film. Whatever... It was sweet, cute, and funny. But there were spots in the movie where I found myself choked up and teary eyed. It was that kind of movie.

Anyway, I would highly recommend seeing this. Sci-fi fans will especially love the references built into the movie. This is definitely my favorite of the Pixar films. They really know how to make great movies and this one is a classic.

No comments: